The University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate is given in this article. The University of Melbourne is one of the leading and best institutes in Australia that is famous because of its education. The university aims to provide quality education to all national and international students. According to the QS World University Rankings, the University of Melbourne is ranked 41st offering cutting-edge courses in the domain of Science and Technology, Humanities, Engineering, and Business Management amongst many others.
Currently, more than 52000 international students are enrolled in the university and have completed their degree that’s a huge number as compared to other universities. If you want to apply for admission to the university you have to know about the university acceptance rate and eligibility criteria for graduates and undergraduates.
In this article, we will give you detailed information about the university acceptance rate. Read the article and apply now.
|70% – 80%
|authorized final year of high school equivalent to the Victorian Certificate of Education or; Recognized high school education; the accomplishment of any special course if any; Admission quotas apply and clearance of entrance qualifications does not guarantee the right of entry.
|March to December (March – June, July – December)
|Student: Teacher Ratio
The University of Melbourne Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the university is 70-80%. It means out of 100 students 80 students are eligible to get admission to the university. As you know the university is among the top-ranked university in the world and they still offer more admission opportunities for all international students.
The acceptance rate of the university makes the university different from most of the largest universities in the world and most of the students want to apply for admission as they know they have a chance of getting admission to the university. Admission to the engineering and management science-based program is a little difficult. Non-native speakers of the English language must have to qualify for the English language test with the following scores IELTS: 7.0, TOEFL (iBT): 94, PTE: 65, and CAE/CPE: 185.
The University of Melbourne Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Melbourne provides a 3-4 years bachelor’s degree and has more than 100 major fields. The UG students have to apply for admission according to the country they belong. The applicant can directly apply for admission to the university from the website.
They have to submit the non-refundable fee of around 100 AUD and the deadlines are October 31st (first-year); and June 12th (Mid-year). The application fee depends upon the type of program that you have selected.
The University of Melbourne Graduate Admissions
The university offers more than 340 programs with coursework and research options. Some of the graduate courses are engineering, law, medicine, etc. The applicant can apply for admission to the university from the official website. The applicants have to submit the application fee of 100 AUD and the application deadline for Semester 1: is November 30th and Semester 2: is April 30th.
UG & PG Eligibility
- The applicants who want to apply for the undergraduate program must have a 12-year high school education from boards like CBSE, ICSE, or state boards with the maximum percentage.
- The applicants who are not from an English language background must have a command of the English language and they have to submit the English language standard test that shows that they are eligible.
- For the undergraduate courses, the applicant must have maximum marks in the ACT or SAT that helps her to get admission to the university.
- The applicants have to submit a letter of recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) which will be checked by the authority at the time of application verification.
- The applicants who want to apply for the PG must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field and experience in the relevant field. The extra tests are also important for the candidates to submit for admission.
The applicants who want to apply for admission must have the following marks in ICSE and CBSE board exams
|ICSE and CBSE Students
|For State Board Students
Before checking the acceptance rate of the University of Melbourne the applicant have to know about the admission that is available for students with multiple bachelor’s degrees, honors degrees, year-long diplomas as well as diplomas in more than 100 fields. To apply for admission to one of the best Australian universities the applicant must have LORs, essays, academic transcripts, language proficiency tests, and research projects amongst many other evaluative standards as the important part of the application.
University of Melbourne Popular Courses & Deadlines with Entry Requirements
Before applying for any of the courses at Melbourne University the applicant has to check all the available courses and the fee structure for the different departments. The available course and their entry requirements are given as follows:
|Test Score Requirements
|Master of Computer Science
|Bachelor of Science
|Bachelor of Commerce
|Master of Information System
|MS in BioSciences
|Sem 1: Nov 30th
Sem 2: April 30th
|Master of Applied Econometrics
|Master of Banking and Finance Law
|Master of Data Science
Essential VISA Requirements
The candidates need to get complete information about the university when they have to travel abroad for higher education. The applicants have to know about the acceptance rate, payment agreement, and enrollment confirmation. The applicants have to follow some of the basic requirements when they have to apply for the visa. Some of the basic criteria for the visa are as follows:
- Authorization of Enrolment
- Health cover for foreign studies
- Momentary Contestant Statement
- English language proficiency proof
- Proof of funds/ financial self-reliance
It is very difficult for students to get admission to Australia’s one of the best educational institutes. The applicant has to be clear in their thoughts and strategies when they have to apply for admission to the university. The applicants who are considering the Australian university for their higher education have to follow some of the basic tips that help the candidates to get admission to the university.
- Ability to take Risks
- Shared and Helpful enough
- One should have the ability to arrange stability
- Be associated with the University of Melbourne’s mission
- Filled with Strength, interest as well as enthusiasm
The university produces a lot of famous graduates some of them are as follows:
- Cate Blanchett – Australian – American Actress
- Julian Assange – Australian publisher, editor, and activist
- Tenzin Gyatso (14th Dalai Lama) – The highest spiritual leader of Tibet and a retired political leader of Tibet
- Randeep Hooda – Indian actor and Equestrian
- Julia Gillard – 27th Australian Prime Minister and Former leader of the Labor Party