Hi Canadian Scholarship seekers! I have a great scholarship opportunity for you. Applications for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are open now for the year 2024. This program is specially designed to offer scholarships to Sub-Saharan African students to study at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada. They can pursue their master’s degree at Canadian University with the help of a Mastercard Foundation scholars program. You can also see Graduate Research Scholarship 2024 at La Trobe University.
Details of Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
Available Programs at UBC:
These are the following available Programs at the University of British Columbia University 2024.
Faculty of Forestry: Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM), Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM), Master of International Forestry (MIF).
Faculty of Land and Food Systems: Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE), Master of Food Science (MFS), Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS).
Faculty of Science: Master of Data Science
To be consider for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program applicants must:
- Be applying for a Master’s degree programs which is listed above;
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- Not already have a graduate or PhD degree;
- Be 35 years old or younger at the application time (i.e. born in 1988 or after);
- Only Sub-Saharan African country citizens can apply.
- In a Sub-Saharan African country, have lived a significant part of their life.
- Present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances
- Have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances
- Show leadership qualities or potential;
- Commit and Demonstrate an interest in giving back to their home community
- Be an applicant who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- Not be claimed asylum or protected person status after arriving in Canada;
- Be commit to returning to Africa to use their training and skills to the benefits of others;
- A Complete Application Form.
- A Personal Statements.
- A CV/resume.
- Provide two reference letters.
- A Transcripts.
The application deadline for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships for African Nations is 1 December 2023.
How to Apply?
The application process is online. All interested Sub-Saharan African students need to complete an online application of Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2024. These are the following steps you should follow:
- Check and review your eligibility according to the program and country requirements.
- If required, you should take an English language test.
- Complete the application form including the above documents and submit it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check the UBC Faculty Applications instructions.
Apply Now: https://mcfscholars.ubc.ca/apply/graduate-admissions/