Apply for the Greece work visa for the year 2024. All non-EU nationals are eligible to apply for a work visa in Greece. In 2024, Greece is offering work permits including residence permits. This means that if you get a work permit, you will also be given a residence permit. The residence permit is available for work, studies, and volunteer work. The Government of Greece also offers golden visa programs. Its complete details are given below.
Read More: Lithuania Work Visa
Detail of Greece Work Visa Process 2024
|Type D long Stay National Visa
|Who can Apply
|All International Applicants
What is the Golden Visa Program For Greece Citizenship
The Golden Visa program is offered by the Greek government. It is for those who want to acquire Greek citizenship by real estate or investment. If you want to invest in real estate, you need to invest at least EUR 250,000.
Benefits of the Golden Visa Program
- You have the right to free movement in Greece and the Schengen area of Europe.
- No need to live in Greece.
- A Residence Permit with an unlimited expiry date
- Investment property rental opportunity
- After seven years of residence, you can apply for Greek citizenship.
By Real Estate:
- An opportunity for rental income that includes 2.5–4.5% on residential property and 5–7% on commercial property
- Sole or shared ownership
Also See: Malta Seasonal Work Visa Process
What Types of Greece Work Visa
There are three types of long-stay visa “D” including:
Greece Employment Visa: If you want to work in Greece, you need an employment visa offered by a Greek employer. The minimum duration of a Greece employment visa is 1 year.
Greece Seasonal Work Visa: A seasonal work visa is 2nd type of visa in Greece. The duration of a seasonal work visa is 6 months in a year. When you receive a job offer from a Greek employer for seasonal work, you will apply for a D-type long-stay visa.
Greece Self-Employed Visa: It is the 3rd type of Greece visa. It is available for those people who want to start their own business in Greece.
Visa Cost & Processing Time
The cost of the Greece National Long Stay Visa (Type D) is 180 Euros. The cost of the Greece Residence permit for 1 year is 150 euros.
When you apply for any type of visa mentioned above it will take 30 days for processing.
Available Job Websites in Greece
- Also See: Good News: Canada Seasonal Work Visa
What Are the Requirements of Greece Work Visa
There are several requirements to obtain the Greece long-stay visa:
- A recent passport-size color photograph which should not be more than 6 months old.
- A completed visa application form in Greek or English (Type D)
- Copies of the residence permit and data page are also required.
- Travel medical insurance must be valid during the D visa.
- A signed copy of the employment contract
- A copy of the applicant’s criminal record
- Passport D is valid for at least 3 months after the visa expiry date.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
How to Apply for the Greece Work Visa?
First, find a job in Greece. You can find it on the above websites. After that apply for a work visa at the embassy. Submit the visa application form with all required documents. You can ask the Greek Embassy in your country for the required documents and work visa process. After arriving in Greece, apply for a residence permit.