The University of Tokyo Scholarships in Japan 2024 are currently open for applications. The University of Tokyo is now accepting applications for Masters and Doctoral programs financed by the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship. There is no application fee for this Japanese Government Scholarship. The University of Tokyo is the top-ranked university in Japan.
There is no need to take language tests such as IELTS or TOEFL if you have previously studied at an English Language Institute. A Master’s degree takes two years to complete, while a doctoral degree takes three years. MEXT pays for all living expenses, food, visas, and tuition.
There are now over 298,000 international students studying in Japan, and there are 780 universities. Japan is one of the top ten study destinations in the world. The University of Tokyo provides a diverse set of academic programs. We provide high educational standards, a safe and peaceful environment, affordable tuition, and numerous scholarships. Also See: Commonwealth UK Scholarships 2024 – Fully Funded
The University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan Details
- Country: Japan
- University: University of Tokyo
- Course Level: Masters & Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Duration of the MEXT Scholarship
- Master’s Program: October – September 2024 (2 Years)
- Doctoral Program: October – September 2025 (3 Years)
Available Fields & Majors
Under the MEXT Scholarship, you can study at the University of Tokyo in the following fields.
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Biological Sciences
The MEXT University Recommendation provides a fully-funded Scholarship for international students that covers the majority of their expenses.
- Allowance: 144,000 Yen/month (for a Master’s student). The cost of living for a doctoral student is 145,000 Yen/per month.
- An additional Monthly Stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 Yen may be added to those students studying or conducting research in certain designated regions of Japan.
- Tuition Fee: Enrollment and tuition fees will be waived.
- Traveling Cost: Round-trip air tickets from/to Japan will be provided.
Basic eligibility criteria exist for the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan.
- Students from any country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- The applicant must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- You must apply for the field of study that you studied at your previous university or a related field.
- No Need of a Language Test
- A score equivalent to B2 or higher on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g. TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
- Completed an educational program with English as the primary language of instruction that meets the entrance requirements for the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo.
- Passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with a score of N2 or higher.
- Has completed an educational program whose primary language of instruction is Japanese that meets the entry requirements for the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo.
- Official Academic Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
- Certificate of Graduation or Provisional Certificate from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
- Abstract of Thesis (if completed) or a description of your thesis research in progress
- Proof of high performance or good achievement record
- Recommendation Letter
- Certificate of language proficiency
- CV (Any Format but, it must include all of your academic and employment history.)
- Photocopy of your passport
How to Apply
Apply for the University of Tokyo Scholarship. Here are the application guidelines. To Apply, Please Visit the Official Website of the University of Tokyo.