Many applicants are looking for jobs in European countries, are you one of them? Today, I will guide you about the seasonal work visa in Sweden in 2023. Applications for the Sweden seasonal work permit and berry picker work permit are currently open for the year 2023 All international applicants from non-European countries can apply for this permit.
According to the EU Commission more than 100,000 non-EU workers come to Europe for seasonal work every year You can earn at least SEK 13,000/month to support yourself You need to find an established Swedish employer to work in Sweden The employer will give you a job offer letter to work in Sweden.
The duration of your seasonal work Permit is 6 months. But don’t worry you can renew it. Do you know what the best thing is? You can also be eligible for Sweden permanent Residency when you live in Sweden for 4 years. However, I will provide the complete details step by step below.
Details of Sweden’s Seasonal Work Permit Process
|Seasonal Work Permit
|Who are Eligible
|International Non-EU Applicants
Read More: Austria Seasonal Work Visa
Sweden Seasonal Work Job Areas
Seasonal labor is available in Sweden in the:
- Landscape service Activities
- Accommodation Activities
- Foodservice Activities
- Operation of ski facilities
- Production of crops and animals, hunting, and other services
- Forestry and logging
- Operation of golf courses
- Tour operator activities
- Amusement parks and theme parks related Activities
- Support activities for performing arts
- Fruit Picking Activities
Overview of Sweden Seasonal Work Permit
It is a permit that allows foreign workers for seasonal work in Sweden. Applicants can work 6 months in a year. If we talk about the cost of a seasonal work Permit, you will pay SEK 2,000.
It will take 90 days for processing when you successfully submit your application.
Long Stay Type D Visa
The long stay type D visa allows the foreigner to work and live in Sweden for more than 90 days To live one year in Sweden you need to apply for the Long Stay Type D Visa The visa fee is €80.
Eligibility Requirements For The Sweden Seasonal Work Permit
- Only citizens outside of the EU countries can apply.
- A valid passport is required.
- A valid temporary employment offer as a seasonal worker is mandatory. Your Swedish employer will give you a job offer.
- You can do seasonal work in Sweden for 90 days. For that, a valid work permit and visa are required.
- You can also live and work in Sweden for more than 90 days For that, you will need a work permit a residence permit, and a visa.
- You must get access to accommodation. (Employers should not deduct rent from your salary).
- A valid health insurance certificate is also required.
- You must be able to pay a fee for a seasonal work permit.
Also See: Lithuania Work Visa
How to Apply For Seasonal Work in Sweden?
I will share with you two methods to apply for the Sweden Seasonal Work Permit.
#1: It is an online application process in which you must find a job in Sweden. Your Swedish employer will submit a file for a work permit You will receive an email with complete details Pay your permit fee Wait for the permit approval.
#2: If you don’t want to apply online. You can also fill out an application (form 262011) for the Sweden seasonal work permit. After filling out the form, present it at the Swedish Embassy.
- For Seasonal Work Permit Process
- For Swedish Employers
- Seasonal Worker Jobs in Sweden
- For The Swedish Public Employment Service